Manager - Partner | Specialist Gynaecologist-Obstetrician
Managing Partner of Clinimer | Coimbra Fertility Center and specialist in gynecology and obstetrics. Graduated in Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra, she is a specialist in Obstetrics-Gynecology and a sub-specialist in Reproductive Medicine from the Portuguese Medical Association, and a PhD in Bioethics from the Portuguese Catholic University. She also has the following postgraduate degrees: Reproductive Law and Medicine, Clinical Process and Medical Secrecy, and Informed Consent and Medical Responsibility, by the Center for Biomedical Law of the Faculty of Law of the University of Coimbra; PADIS – Senior Management Program for Health Institutions, by AESE Business School. Hospital Assistant Graduated in Obstetrics-Gynecology, she was part of the medical staff of the Reproduction Medicine Service of the Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra, from its creation until February 2022.
Her career goes beyond clinical activity, as she is a Professor at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Coimbra (FMUC), where he coordinates the Specialization Course in Ethics in Health, is regent of five curricular units and regular professor of other curricular units, postgraduate, masters and the Doctoral Course in Health Sciences. She is also a guest lecturer in other courses at other universities.
She currently holds the following positions:
1. Member of the National Ethics Council for Life Sciences, elected by the Parliament;
2. Senior Deputy of the Special Interest Group “Ethics and Law” Steering Committee of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology;
3. Vice-President of the Portuguese Society of Reproductive Medicine;
4. Member of the College of the Subspecialty of Reproductive Medicine of the Portuguese Medical Association;
5. Chairman of the FMUC Ethics Committee;
6. Member of the National Council of Ethics and Medical Deontology of the Portuguese Medical Association;
7. Coordinator of the Ethics and Deontology Office of the Regional Section of the Portuguese Medical Association;
8. Member of the Board of the Republic of Law – Coimbra Legal Association;
9. Founding member of RedÉtica – National Network of Ethics Commissions for Health.
Sector – Management and Clinical Staff